Mediation Refresher / Skills Training Day
This Mediation Skills Refresher Training Day is aimed at those who have already completed the 60 hour Certified Mediation Training Programme (as approved by the Mediators’ Institute of Ireland (MII)) and are planning to undertake assessment in order to qualify at ‘Certified Member’ level of the MII. The main emphasis of the day will be on mediation skills development through role plays, with tutor guidance, coaching and feedback. Case studies will focus mainly on organisational and workplace scenarios.
The day will commence at 9.15 a.m. and end at 5 p.m. Due to the programme structure (in particular group role plays) it is essential that those attending can commit for the full day.
The aim of this one-day programme is to:
- Ensure participants have a clear understanding of the fundamental principles of mediation;
- Ensure participants have a clear working knowledge of the model of mediation, and the tasks and skills relating to each stage;
- Provide participants with maximum opportunity to practice their mediation skills in a safe and supportive environment;
- Provide participants with the opportunity (through group role plays) to experience mediation from the client’s perspective;
- Provide an overview of the Assessment Day;
- Address any issues or concerns participants may have.
Programme content will include:
- Initial review of principles, process and skills in Mediation;
- Recap of mediation model/framework and discussion regarding key issues relating to each stage of the process;
- Opportunity to address any issues and concerns of participants;
- Role Play Practice with coaching, feedback and reflective discussion;
- Brief overview of Assessment Day;
- Review of learning.
The course will be facilitated by a minimum of two qualified and experienced Mediators who are also professional trainers/facilitators including lead trainer Lily Regan, Director Mediation Training Programmes at the IPA.
Dates, Venue and Fee
Date: The date for this training is to be confirmed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive notification of dates when they are announced.
Venue: Institute of Public Administration, 57-61 Lansdowne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin D04 TC62.
Fee: The fee to attend the Mediation Skills Refresher is €250 per person. Fee includes a light lunch and refreshments.
All IPA courses are subject to minimum participant numbers and bookings will typically close one week prior to the course start date. Bookings must be received in writing.
Central Bookings Office
Institute of Public Administration | 57-61 Lansdowne Road, Dublin 4 | D04 TC62
Tel: (01) 240 3666 | Fax: (01) 668 9135 | Email: email@example.com