Managing and Developing People
The two-day Managing and Developing People programme will help participants gain an understanding of the responsibilities of managing and supervising others and will focus on key skills of people management. This will be of benefit to supervisors and line managers at any level who wish to acquire the skills of effective day-to-day people management.
- Communicate effectively with individuals and teams
- Motivate people at work
- Delegate tasks and set objectives
- Develop potential through on the job training
- Monitor and evaluate work performance fairly and objectively
- Give feedback in a constructive manner
- Responsibilities of managing people
- Communicating effectively
- Agreeing clear work objectives
- Teambuilding and motivation
- On the job training and developing people’s potential
- Delegation – managing performance
- Feedback skills
- Handling performance problems
Dates, Venue and Fee
Date: 8-9 June 2017 (Two Days)
Venue: Institute of Public Administration
Fee: The cost of this two day course is €810 for Corporate Members of the IPA and €900 for others. Fee includes course material, lunch and refreshments each day.
This course can be tailored for in-house delivery. Please email email@example.com if you would like further information about customised training.
Jane O'Reilly, Leadership and Management Specialist
Bookings / Enquiries
All IPA courses are subject to minimum participant numbers and bookings will typically close one week prior to the course start date. Bookings must be received in writing.
Central Bookings Office
Institute of Public Administration | 57-61 Lansdowne Road, Dublin D04 TC62
Tel: (01) 240 3666 | Fax: (01) 668 9135 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply Now (application form)