Audit Committee Member Training
The expectations and obligations on audit committees continue to evolve in response to governance developments and the need for Boards and governing bodies to demonstrate that they are adhering to relevant audit, assurance and risk management requirements. The Audit committee charter will set out the duties of the Committee in areas such as internal control, internal audit, external audit, financial reporting, risk management, reporting relationships within the organisation and its interaction with other committees. This highly interactive half day event will be of benefit to new audit committee members and those who wish to benchmark how their audit committee is functioning.
We also offer Audit Committee Member Training for Local Authority Audit Committees: Click here for details.
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the Audit Committee as part of the governance and assurance systems with organisations
- Review and consider the essential features of effective audit committees
- Examine the specific responsibilities of the audit committee
- Consider the key elements of the annual audit committee work programme
- Have a greater understanding of the legal, regulatory and professional obligations for audit committees
The course will cover the following areas:
- Role and responsibilities of Audit Committee
- Audit committee charters
- Relationships with senior management, internal audit and Board
- Audit committee work programme
- Risk management systems and audit oversight
- Assurance arrangements
- Assessing audit committee effectiveness
This course will be delivered by members of our experienced Finance and Governance Team: Noreen Fahy, Paul Turpin and Aidan Horan.
Dates, Venue and Fee
Date*: 21 March 2017 (Half Day)
Venue: Institute of Public Administration
Fee: The cost of this half day course is €195 for Corporate Members of the Institute, €240 for others. Fee includes course material, lunch and refreshments.
*Date may be subject to change.
This workshop can be tailored to the specific needs of individual audit committees and run in-house in organisations as required. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like further information about customised training.
All IPA courses are subject to minimum participant numbers and bookings will typically close one week prior to the course start date.
Central Bookings Office
Institute of Public Administration | 57-61 Lansdowne Road, Dublin D04 TC62
Tel: (01) 240 3666 | Fax: (01) 668 9135 | Email: email@example.com
Apply Now (application form)