PRINCE2® Foundation Course and Certification
PRINCE2® is a well-established project management methodology used in business and government. It provides a proven best practice model that helps ensure project delivery is on time, on budget, of high quality and meets customer requirements. The PRINCE2® Foundation Course and Certification is a three-day intensive, instructor-led course designed to teach participants the fundamental building blocks of the PRINCE2® approach and to prepare them for the PRINCE2® Foundation Certificate exam.
The training approach includes presentations, facilitated discussion, feedback and learning reviews with worked examples, mock exams and exam preparation. This exam, which will take place in the IPA on the final day of the course, is a one hour multiple choice closed-book examination with 75 questions. Participants must achieve a 50% score to pass. Successful participants will be provided with PRINCE2® Certification and will appear on the PRINCE2® Successful Candidate Registers. Pre-course study material will be made available in advance of attendance at the course.
For further information, please see below or Download Brochure (PDF)
Who is this For?
This course is aimed at
- Project Managers who wish to build on their practical experience of project management by acquiring a world-wide recognised qualification;
- Project Managers who have joined an organisation or project that uses PRINCE2® as the preferred methodology;
- Members of Teams that use PRINCE2® as the preferred methodology;
- Other stakeholders and project support staff, who are not direct members of the team but who are expected to partake in a PRINCE2® project and;
- those who simply need to know more about this widely used and recognised methodology.
On the completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Understand key aspects of the PRINCE2® methodology;
- Be able to effectively control the start, progress and closure of a project;
- Understand how to deliver projects on time, within budget and to the specified business case, within the PRINCE2® environment;
- Integrate PRINCE2® principles and themes into a project;
- Understand how to tailor PRINCE2®;
- Be able to apply planning PRINCE2® processes;
- Be able to manage project progress.
The PRINCE2® Foundation Workshop will cover:
- Introduction to PRINCE2® & Project Management
- Methodology & Project Management Structure
- The Principles of PRINCE2®
- The Themes of PRINCE2®
- The Processes of PRINCE2®
- The Tailoring of PRINCE2®
- Understanding the PRINCE2® Project Management Team Roles & Responsibilities
There are no pre-requisites for this course. We recommend all participants, regardless of their experience, take advantage of our pre-course study materials.
Methodology and Materials
This course is an instructor led in-class training course including presentations, facilitated discussion, feedback and learning reviews with worked examples, mock exams and exam preparation.
Students will receive a pre-course, 55 page, booklet that contains the essence of PRINCE2® and will remain as a key reference document after the completion of the course. The extensive course workbook includes over 500 pages of real project examples, rules of thumb, learning games and reminders. It will assist in preparation for the PRINCE2® exam and remain a useful resource to be used in participants’ daily work.
The PRINCE2 Foundation Exam* is held on day three of the course. This is a one hour multiple choice closed-book examination with 75 questions. Participants must achieve a 50% score to pass.
On successful completion of the Foundation course many participants proceed to take the PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification.
The workshop leader is David McCreery (Althris Ltd) who will bring many years of practical project management knowledge, expertise and unique insights to enrich the formal learning of the class. David is an accredited PRINCE2™ Trainer and has delivered courses to a number of corporate and public sector clients. He is also trained and experienced in other project management methodologies and brings this broad experience to bear in interactive and lively training sessions.
Dates, Venue and Fee
Dates*: 25-27 January | 15-17 February | 22-24 March | 19-21 April | 22-24 May | 21-23 June 2017
Venue: This course will take place at the Institute of Public Administration, 57-61 Lansdowne Road, Dublin D04 TC62.
Fee: The cost of this course is €800 per person for the three day programme (2017). Fee includes course materials, lunch/refreshments each day and final examination.
* Please note dates may be subject to change.
All IPA courses are subject to minimum participant numbers and bookings will typically close one week prior to the course start date.
For further information or to book a place on this course, please contact:
Central Bookings Office
Institute of Public Administration | 57-61 Lansdowne Road, Dublin D04 TC62
Tel: (01) 240 3666 | Fax: (01) 668 9135 | Email: email@example.com
Apply Now (application form)
PRINCE2® is a registered trademark of Axelos Limited. The Swirl logo™ is a trademark of Axelos Limited.
The PRINCE2® course on this page is offered by Althris Ltd/Affiliate.