- Security Foundations is a compulsory module on the Diploma in Computer Studies. It can also be taken on a stand alone basis.
- Provides understanding of and strategies for implementing and managing IT and organisational security
- Next course commences in January 2017
- For enquiries, please contact Christine Kelly (see contact details below).
Security should be considered in every aspect of Information Technology and IS systems. The Security Foundations module provides you with an understanding of both IT and organisational security and effective strategies for implementing and managing these.
This module covers the following content:
- Understanding security layers
- Operating system security
- Security software
- Authentication, authorisation and accounting
- Understanding security policies
- Understanding network security
- Protecting the server and the client
Dates and Venue
Tutorials take place on the following dates*:
Diploma in Computer Studies (2015-2017): 9 January 2017 | 6 February 2017 | 6 March 2017
Diploma in Computer Studies (2016-2018): 8 January 2018 | 5 February 2018 | 5 March 2018
*Dates may be subject to change.
Venue: The course will be delivered at the Institute of Public Administration, 57 - 61 Lansdowne Road, Dublin D04 TC62
Bookings / Enquiries
To apply for this course as part of the Diploma in Computer Studies: Click Here
To apply for this course on a stand-alone basis or for further information please contact:
Institute of Public Administration
57-61 Lansdowne Road, Dublin D04 TC62
Tel: (01) 240 3675 | Fax: (01) 668 9135 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org