Leading with Impact
Leadership is challenging. To be effective individuals need to balance competing priorities, think innovatively and holistically about the challenges the public sector faces and engage staff to meet those needs. Public service needs people across all levels in the organisation to adapt to change, develop new competencies to enhance personal impact and effectiveness and look to the future by developing capacity in others to meet future requirements.
Therefore, this programme focuses on enhancing awareness of leadership expectations and on broadening self- understanding. The programme discusses the importance of varying personal style and preferences to work with a variety of people and in a variety of situations more effectively and how individual change can lead to organisational change.
Upon completion of this course, participants will have:
- Reviewed Leadership competencies necessary to meet expectations of role
- Understood relationship between style and impact on others and results
- Understood the need to balance their input with the inclusion of others
- Reviewed a variety of approaches to ensure effective leadership
- Identified areas for leadership development and growth
The programme will support mid-senior level managers achieve their leadership, oversight and functional responsibilities by focusing on:
- Leadership style and competency development
- Enhanced understanding of personal impact and effectiveness
- Aligning activities with goals and role responsibilities
- Integrating broader range of consultative and collaborative working practices
- Review of people management, communications and performance management skills
Dates, Venue and Fee
Date: One Day - Dates for this programme are to be confirmed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified to these dates when they become available.
Venue: Institute of Public Administration
Fee: The cost of this one day course is €405 for Corporate Members of the Institute, €450 for others. Fee includes course material, lunch and refreshments each day.
This course can be tailored for in-house delivery. Please email email@example.com if you would like further information about customised training.
Siobhán Bradley, Senior Leadership and Management Specialist
All IPA courses are subject to minimum participant numbers and bookings will typically close one week prior to the course start date.
Central Bookings Office
Institute of Public Administration | 57-61 Lansdowne Road, Dublin 4 | D04 TC62
Tel: (01) 240 3666 | Fax: (01) 668 9135 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply Now (application form)