- The CompTIA Security+ course enables you to understand the core principles in securing a network and managing risk.
- Builds core skills and competence in network security
- Prepares participants for the CompTIA Security+ Exam SY0-401
- Practical course delivered by an experienced IT security tutor
- Next course commences in March 2017.
- Course fees from €1,950
Who should attend?
This course is designed for IT staff responsible for maintaining a secure network environment and is seen as an essential building block for a career in IT Security Management.
The course is primarily aimed at professionals in the following jobs: Security Engineer, Security Consultant, Network Administrator, IA Technician and Managers.
Network security is an essential part of modern IT risk management. This comprehensive five-day course covers a wide range of network security issues from access control, identity management and cryptography through to the choice of suitable mitigation and deterrent techniques to address network threats. Modules include:
- Network Security
- Compliance and operational security
- Threats and vulnerabilities
- Application, data and host security
- Access control and identity management
- Cyber attacks
There is no required prerequisite for this course however Network+ certification is recommended before taking the Security+ course.
Dates, Venue and Fee
Dates: Part 1: 27-29 March 2017 and Part 2: 6-7 April 2017 (Five Days)
Venue: Institute of Public Administration, 57 - 61 Lansdowne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin D04 TC62
Fee: The cost of the five day course is €1,950 per person. (2017 price to be confirmed)
This course is designed to help you prepare for the CompTIA Security+ Exam SY0-401, which can be taken as a separate add on.
Bookings / Further Information
All IPA courses and workshops are subject to minimum participant numbers and bookings will typically close one week prior to the course start date.
To apply for this course, please book online or for further information please contact:
Institute of Public Administration 57-61 Lansdowne Road, Dublin D04 TC62
Tel: (01) 240 3675 | Fax: (01) 668 9135 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org