Certified Mediation Training
Certified Mediation Training Programme, Key Facts:
- Professional Accredited Training for Mediators (Mediators' Institute of Ireland)
- Next programmes commence April & Sept 2017
- Provides comprehensive understanding of mediation as well as expertise in mediation skills
- 60 hour programme includes attendance at three x two day modules over two/three months, short lecture inputs, facilitated group discussion, case-studies and role plays
- Assessment is ongoing throughout the programme and includes completion and presentation of a mediation related project
- Fee of €1,950 per person for the 60 hour programme. Separate fee of €250 per person for the Assessment Day
Download Brochure | Apply Now 2017 Programmes
For Further Information see Course Overview below
The overall aim of the Certified Mediation training programme is to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of Mediation as well as expertise in mediation skills for the management of workplace and organisational conflicts and disputes.
- Those who want to become accredited Professional Mediators;
- Those who wish to use mediation skills in their area of work or profession;
- Managers, HR practitioners, team leaders, consultants, advisers and others who negotiate and deal with conflict and dispute resolution;
- Officials and non full-time Trade Union representatives;
- Anybody - at any level - with responsibility for resolving workplace disputes and conflict who wishes to enhance their skills in this area.
On completion of this training programme, students will have an understanding of:
- mediation as a mechanism for dispute resolution and its appropriate use;
- the five step framework for mediation and how to manage the mediation process;
- the role of the Mediator;
- the types and causes of conflict;
- their own personal skills development needs in relation to working as a Mediator;
- why mediation, as a process, is rapidly developing in various facets of Irish society and business.
Students will also have developed appropriate mediation related skills through practice, reflection and feedback.
Delivery and Duration
This programme is run in three x two day modules over a two to three month period. It is highly participative and practical. Learning approaches include short lecture inputs and facilitated group discussion. Much of the learning happens from insights derived from 'working-through' case studies/role plays as well as from on-going feedback during these sessions.
The next programmes are scheduled to take place as follows:
|Programme Four 2016
||15-16 November 2016
||29-30 November 2016
||17-18 January 2017
|Programme One 2017
||4-5 April 2017
||2-3 May 2017
||23-24 May 2017
|Programme Two 2017
||19-20 September 2017
||17-18 October 2017
||21-22 November 2017
We are currently taking bookings for 2017 Programmes. Early booking is recommended as places are limited.
Tutorials will take place at the Institute of Public Administration in Dublin. Classes typically run from 9:30 to 5:00 on tutorial dates.
Membership/ Professional Accreditation
Completion of this 60 hour training programme entitles participants to apply for 'Associate Member' level of the Mediators’ Institute of Ireland (MII).
Those who aspire to practice as professional mediators at 'Certified Member' level may do so by undertaking a further and separate 'Assessment Day'. This is an assessment of mediation skills through videoed role play and written self assessment reflective piece, which is assessed by an MII approved assesor. (The IPA as well as the MII will run a number of these 'Assessment Days' each year). Successful candidates are then eligible to register as Certified Members of the MII. Please see programme brochure (PDF Document) or go to the MII website
for further details.
Students are required to complete an agreed mediation related project prior to the final module. Evaluation happens via ongoing assessment throughout the programme as well as satisfactory completion and presentation of the mediation related project. Attendance at all three modules is a requirement for certification.
Fee, Enrolment Procedures and Admissions
The fee is €1,950 per person. Fee includes course documentation, tuition, lunch and refreshments on tutorial dates. Please note that a separate fee of €250 per person is payable for the Assessment Day.
Applications should be completed and returned to the Central Bookings Office. (Details below)
Please note that places are limited on this programme and early booking is recommended.
Bookings must be received in writing before a place can be reserved on this course.
Bookings / Enquiries
Should you require further information or if you would like to book a place on the Certified Mediation Training Programme, please contact the following.
Central Bookings Office
Institute of Public Administration | 57-61 Lansdowne Road, Dublin D04 TC62
Tel: (01) 240 3666 | Fax: (01) 668 9135 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Read the brochure
Download Application Form: 2017 Programmes