Hardware and Software
- Hardware and Software is a compulsory module on the Diploma in Computer Studies. It can also be taken on a stand alone basis.
- Module based on the CompTIA A+ Certification
- Next course commencing March 2017.
- For enquiries, please contact Christine Kelly (see contact details below).
This Hardware and Software (including Networking and Virtualisation) module is based on the CompTIA A+ certification which is generally classed as the starting point for any career in IT. It covers content ranging from the understanding and management of IT equipment to the maintenance of PCs, mobile devices, laptops, operating systems and printers. It covers the fundamentals of computer technology, installation and configuration of PCs, laptops and related hardware, and basic networking.
This module covers the following content:
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of PC operating systems
- Maintenance and installation of PC hardware components
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing skills for PC hardware and software
- Basic network skills, including networking PCs and troubleshooting networks
- Basics of computer and networking security
Dates and Venue
Dates: Part 1: 14-15 March 2017 | Part 2: 4-5 April 2017 | Part 3: 2-3 May 2017
Venue: The course will be delivered at the Institute of Public Administration, 57 - 61 Lansdowne Road, Dublin D04 TC62.
Bookings / Enquiries
To apply for this course as part of the Diploma in Computer Studies: Click Here
To apply for this course on a stand-alone basis or for further information please contact:
Institute of Public Administration, 57-61 Lansdowne Road, Dublin D04 TC62
Tel: (01) 240 3675 | Fax: (01) 668 9135 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org