An Introduction to Project Management: Tools & Techniques
Project management skills have never been more in demand. There is a clear need for a shift in the public service to a project management (PM) approach to effectively deliver on business plans. Properly implemented, the PM approach ensures understanding, focus, confidence, oversight and success. This two day programme is designed to enable you to apply your learning immediately, in a flexible, non-prescriptive manner that takes account of the practicalities of working in the public service. The course is aimed at those who need to develop a better understanding of the critical tools and techniques of project management that help focus your planning, minimises risk and speeds delivery. It will be of benefit to anyone involved directly in project work - whether in a small group effort or a significant undertaking, those who work with project teams but who are not part of them and who wish to be more effective through a better understanding of the language of project management, and new project managers.
Upon completion of this training, participants will:
- be equipped with the practical skills, tools and techniques needed for successful planning, implementation and completion of research projects
- have an understanding of the role and responsibilities of the project manager throughout the research project life cycle
- be aware of the benefits of formal project management and increased awareness of the pitfalls associated with managing projects
- have developed a common understanding of a practical approach to project management as practically applied to a research project.
The course will cover the following areas:
- Project Start-up: How to formally initiate your project and secure support for it
- Defining the Project: Getting to grips with what has to be done and scheduling the work
- Managing the Project: Tips and techniques for ensuring the project stays on track
- Closing the Project: Staying focussed on the main prize and securing benefits for the organisation
Martin Speers, Head of IT Unit and Programme Director of Certificate and Diploma in Project Management.
Dates, Venue and Fee
Date: 19-20 February 2015 | 23-24 April 2015 | 3-4 September 2015 | 3-4 December 2015*
Venue: Institute of Public Administration
Fee: The cost of this course is €810 for Corporate Members of the Institute, €900 for others. Fee includes course material, lunch and refreshments each day.
*Dates may be subject to change.
This course can be tailored for in-house delivery. Please email email@example.com if you would like further information about customised training.
Bookings / Enquiries
Central Bookings Office
Institute of Public Administration
57-61 Lansdowne Road, Dublin 4
Tel: (01) 240 3666 | Fax: (01) 668 9135
Apply Now (application form)
000-197 C2180-183 000-580 000-142 000-349 1Z0-485 A00-203 HP0-M23 HP0-M46 1Z1-474 HP2-K33 TB0-118 HP2-Z25 920-166 251-101 642-741 HP0-Y43 C_HANAIMP_1 70-400 SABE201 000-058 650-157 HP0-055 BCP-240 C2180-276 JN0-696 1Z0-020 C2180-276 HP0-Y37 117-101 HP0-087 70-498 HP2-K33 000-042 HP0-815 650-295 ST0-052 GCFW 1Z0-035 050-565 HP0-M23 000-201 000-M245 000-642 350-050 HP2-H17 74-338 9A0-152 E20-050 9A0-096 000-201 642-747 MB5-845 000-349 50-708 AWMP 040-444 SGO-001 EUCOC DU0-001 70-660 LOT-911 A2090-545 000-374 HD0-300 1Z1-873 50-865 HP2-Q05 EX0-110 000-202 E20-610 117-301 00M-502 C2040-911 074-137 250-824 HP2-K32 COG-645 9A0-701 HP0-Y31 070-432 EX0-100 646-229 TB0-104 1Z1-226 M2080-663 70-431 LOT-721 GD0-110 642-871 050-730 000-N17 1Z0-620 000-081 050-894 646-058 1Z1-259 LOT-910 50-701 642-091