CIPD Foundation Certificate in Learning & Development Practice
CIPD Foundation Certificate & Diploma in L&D Practice, Key Facts:
- Successful completion leads to CIPD Associate Professional level of Membership (Assoc CIPD)
- Next course commencing October 2016
- Provides specialist L&D knowledge combined with practical skills to underpin your contribution to Learning and Development within your organisaton
- Blended learning approach includes attendance at eight workshop units, practical skills development, action learning sets and assignments (no examinations)
- Individual tutor assigned to each student to support them as they progress through the programme
- Fee of €2,650 per person for Certificate includes CIPD Student Membership Fees (up to July 2017), attendance at all workshops, course materials and tutor support.
For further information see Course Overview below
The CIPD Foundation Certificate & Diploma in Learning and Development Practice is designed for those who want specialist knowledge combined with practical skills development to underpin their contribution to Learning and Development within their organisations. Successful completion of the programme leads to the IPA Certificate in Learning and Development Practice and the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Foundation Certificate in Learning and Development Practice.
This programme is ideal for anyone with coaching and training responsibilities. A key feature of this programme is that it is highly practical allowing participants ample opportunity to acquire and practice new skills.
The programme is also designed to reflect the CIPD HR Profession Map, with successful completion giving you the underpinning knowledge for the new CIPD Associate professional level of membership (Assoc CIPD). This is a new professional grade of membership recognising the skill, knowledge and approach needed to make a significant supporting contribution, and deliver excellent results in the workplace.
Successful students can continue their studies with the CIPD Foundation Diploma in Learning and Development Practice.
Who Should Attend?
This Certificate (and Diploma) is ideally suited to:
- Staff who have recently moved into the field of Learning and Development - Training Officers / Advisors
- Line Managers and Supervisors to whom Learning and Development responsibility has been devolved
- Staff eager to update their Learning and Development knowledge and skills
- Those wishing to pursue a career in Learning and Development
- Those wishing to pursue CIPD Membership.
The overall objective of this foundation certificate programme is to help participants develop as effective Learning and Development practitioners and utilise the key skills required in this specialist area. At the end of the programme participants will have:
- A greater awareness of the organisational context of Learning and Development
- An understanding of the key issues that impact on Learning and Development
- Practiced and developed, under expert guidance, a range of skills relevant to Learning and Development
- Increased their knowledge of the legal, economic, environmental, social, technological and labour related developments that impact on the Learning and Development field.
Please note that this programme has been reviewed and revised and from 2015 will consist of 6 Units in the Certificate Programme and a further 2 Units in the Diploma Programme.
This Certificate programme covers the following areas:
- Developing your Competencies as a Learning and Development Practitioner
- Organisational Context of the Learning and Development and HRM Functions
- Identifying Learning and Development Needs
- Designing Learning and Development Activities
- Delivering Learning and Development Activities
- Evaluating Learning and Development Activities
The Diploma programme covers the following additional modules:
- Using Technology to Facilitate Learning
- Supporting Individual Learning through Coaching and Mentoring
Delivery, Duration and Location
The course is delivered by way of blended learning. Participants will be provided with access to workbooks, podcasts, videos and and resources through an online Learning Management System (Moodle). They will be required to attend a minimum of eight (8) days of workshops over the period October 2016 to May 2017 for the Certificate Programme and a further two (2) days of workshops for the Diploma (October - November 2017). Participants will be assigned an individual tutor who will support the participants as they progress through the programme. Participants will be required to have an email address and internet access. Workshops will take place at the Institute of Public Administration in Dublin but can also be delivered in-house or on a regional basis where demand warrants this.
Please note that this programme has been reviewed and revised and from 2015 will consist of 6 Units in the Certificate Programme and a further 2 Units in the Diploma Programme. Module dates and unit titles are as follows:
||Unit Title: Certificate Programme
||Becoming an Effective L&D Practitioner
||1 & 22 October 2015
||19-20 October 2016
||L&D and the Organisation
||3 December 2015
||29 November 2016
||Identifying L&D Needs
||21 January 2016
||12 January 2017
||Designing L&D Activities
||24-25 February 2016
||15-16 February 2017
||Delivering L&D Activities
||7 April 2015
||23 March 2017
||Evaluating L&D Activities
||5 May 2016
||4 May 2017
||Unit Title: Diploma Programme
||Using Technology to Facilitate Learning
||13 October 2016
||12 October 2017
||Supporting Individual Learning through Coaching and Mentoring
||24 November 2016
||23 November 2017
NB. Change of Unit 6 2017 Date from 27 May to 4 May 2017. Dates may be subject to change.
Assessment and Accreditation
There is no written examination for this programme. Assessment is by means of unit assignments the majority of which are written and where skills are being assessed these will be subject to classroom / workshop verification and assessment.
The Certificate & Diploma in Learning and Development Practice is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
The fee per participant will be €2,650 (2016-2017) for the Certificate Programme. Where 3 or more participants from the same organisation enrol on the programme a 10% discount will apply. The fee includes CIPD Student Membership Fees (up to renewal date in July 2017), attendance at workshops, all IPA course materials, tutor support and refreshments.
An additional €900 is payable for the Diploma Units (2016).
Membership of CIPD
While studying for ‘Certificate in Learning and Development Practice’ participants must join as student members of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). On successful completion of the CIPD Foundation Level Certificate in Learning and Development Practice participants will automatically become Associate Members of the CIPD. On attaining Associate membership status participants will be entitled to use the “Assoc CIPD” designation.
Bookings / Enquiries
Should you require further information, please contact either of the following, depending on the nature of your query.
Students can choose to apply for the Certificate Programme only or the Certificate and follow on Diploma Units (2017).
|Course Content and Suitability
Senior HRM Specialist
01 240 3678 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Central Bookings Office
01 240 3666 | email@example.com
Apply Now (Application Form)