Project Management: Effective Project Team Management
Project management skills have never been more in demand. There is a clear need for a shift in the public service to a project management approach to effectively deliver on business plans. While An Introduction to Project Management: Tools and Techniques gives participants a focus on the technical side of project management, this course deals with the more complex and challenging ‘softer’ side of project management. Some commentators would argue that this can be the more important of the two approaches. This two day programme is designed to enable you to apply proven theories and approaches to your project teams and organisations. This course will be of benefit to anyone involved directly in project teams as a project manager, team leader or team member. Although couched in the project management context, this course is very suitable for anyone managing or leading a team and new project managers.
This programme is not currently being offered as a public course. Please see the Introduction to Project Management or Advanced Project Management courses for details of our Project Management Training courses.
Upon completion of this training, participants will:
- Be familiar with a range of theories and models dealing with critical organisational, team and personal behaviours
- Understand their preferred approaches to these issues and how to manage or modify this
- Be able to create a personal approach in managing project teams in a complex environment
The course will cover the following areas:
- Personal Effectiveness: How our personal styles and approaches can impact those around us and how we need to manage this
- Organisational Dynamics: What we need to look out for when planning and executing projects and how we can anticipate and manage issues, concerns and conflict
- Team Development: How we can get the best out of our people by keeping them focussed, challenged and motivated throughout the project
Martin Speers, Head of IT Unit and Programme Director of Certificate and Diploma in Project Management.
Dates, Venue and Fee
This course is currently not available as a public course. See Related Programmes below for alternative Project Management Courses.
This course can be tailored for in-house delivery. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like further information about customised training.
Bookings / Enquiries
Central Bookings Office
Institute of Public Administration
57-61 Lansdowne Road, Dublin 4
Tel: (01) 240 3666 | Fax: (01) 668 9135