Project Management: Effective Project Team Management
Project management skills have never been more in demand. There is a clear need for a shift in the public service to a project management approach to effectively deliver on business plans. While An Introduction to Project Management: Tools and Techniques gives participants a focus on the technical side of project management, this course deals with the more complex and challenging ‘softer’ side of project management. Some commentators would argue that this can be the more important of the two approaches. This two day programme is designed to enable you to apply proven theories and approaches to your project teams and organisations. This course will be of benefit to anyone involved directly in project teams as a project manager, team leader or team member. Although couched in the project management context, this course is very suitable for anyone managing or leading a team and new project managers.
This programme is not currently being offered as a public course. Please see the Introduction to Project Management or Advanced Project Management courses for details of our Project Management Training courses.
Upon completion of this training, participants will:
- Be familiar with a range of theories and models dealing with critical organisational, team and personal behaviours
- Understand their preferred approaches to these issues and how to manage or modify this
- Be able to create a personal approach in managing project teams in a complex environment
The course will cover the following areas:
- Personal Effectiveness: How our personal styles and approaches can impact those around us and how we need to manage this
- Organisational Dynamics: What we need to look out for when planning and executing projects and how we can anticipate and manage issues, concerns and conflict
- Team Development: How we can get the best out of our people by keeping them focussed, challenged and motivated throughout the project
Martin Speers, Head of IT Unit and Programme Director of Certificate and Diploma in Project Management.
Dates, Venue and Fee
This course is currently not available as a public course. See Related Programmes below for alternative Project Management Courses.
This course can be tailored for in-house delivery. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like further information about customised training.
Bookings / Enquiries
Central Bookings Office
Institute of Public Administration
57-61 Lansdowne Road, Dublin 4
Tel: (01) 240 3666 | Fax: (01) 668 9135
000-197 C2180-183 000-580 000-142 000-349 1Z0-485 A00-203 HP0-M23 HP0-M46 1Z1-474 HP2-K33 TB0-118 HP2-Z25 920-166 251-101 642-741 HP0-Y43 C_HANAIMP_1 70-400 SABE201 000-058 650-157 HP0-055 BCP-240 C2180-276 JN0-696 1Z0-020 C2180-276 HP0-Y37 117-101 HP0-087 70-498 HP2-K33 000-042 HP0-815 650-295 ST0-052 GCFW 1Z0-035 050-565 HP0-M23 000-201 000-M245 000-642 350-050 HP2-H17 74-338 9A0-152 E20-050 9A0-096 000-201 642-747 MB5-845 000-349 50-708 AWMP 040-444 SGO-001 EUCOC DU0-001 70-660 LOT-911 A2090-545 000-374 HD0-300 1Z1-873 50-865 HP2-Q05 EX0-110 000-202 E20-610 117-301 00M-502 C2040-911 074-137 250-824 HP2-K32 COG-645 9A0-701 HP0-Y31 070-432 EX0-100 646-229 TB0-104 1Z1-226 M2080-663 70-431 LOT-721 GD0-110 642-871 050-730 000-N17 1Z0-620 000-081 050-894 646-058 1Z1-259 LOT-910 50-701 642-091