Train the Trainer
Who’s it for?
This programme is for you if you are, whole or part-time, involved in the design and development of training programmes, the delivery or facilitation of courses, the buying in of customised or standardised training packages from outside organisations or the evaluation of training solutions.
The programme is a rich blend of tutor-led discussions, short inputs and practical exercises which help you to put into practice many of the ideas and concepts discussed during the programme. It is designed to support you in your first attempts to deliver effective and engaging training and to build your confidence while drawing on real issues and situations that arise in facilitating people to learn and to change. You will benefit from all the models and approaches that we have been using with our clients for many years. We will also share with you several concrete cases of facilitating skills development that we have encountered over the years.
The programme is delivered over three days (one x two day module and one x one day module) to provide for the minimum disruption to your work commitments. You will be given the opportunity to facilitate sessions of training and learning and receive feedback from the other participants and the facilitator. Each module provides an opportunity to build on your understanding and practical skills of designing and delivering a real life programme of training relevant to your organisation’s current needs.
What will I learn?
The programme is designed to address the development needs of trainers and facilitators who work within the public and private sectors. You will learn:
- How individuals learn and change
- How training needs are analysed in an organisation
- How to create effective learning environments
- How to design and deliver effective and professional training events
- How to design and use group and individual methods of training and learning
- How to evaluate and measure learning and the impact of training
- A range of communication skills and abilities that are important in the workplace
- To better understand the role of a facilitator and the skills for working calmly and effectively with individuals and groups.
- Trainer Effectiveness 1
- The systematic training cycle
- Assessing learning needs
- Preparing a programme
- Writing aims and objectives
- Preparing a training session plan
- Preparing training materials
- Designing course evaluation
- Delivering a session: Part 1
- Trainer Effectiveness 2
- The role of training and development
- How adults learn
- Using different methods to facilitate learning
- Demonstrating a skill
- Using training aids
- Simulations, role-plays and excercises
- Delivering a session: Part 2
- Trainer Effectiveness 3
- Identifying business needs
- Choosing and using consultants
- Developing learning contracts
- The skills of facilitating learning
- Questioning and listening skills
- Managing difficult situations in groups
- Working with groups
- Delivering a session: Part 3
This course will be delivered by Teresa Casserly, Director, Training and Development.
Dates, Venue and Fee
Date: 4-5 November and 26 November 2015 (Three Days)
Venue: Institute of Public Administration
Fee: The cost of this three day course is €1,035 for Corporate Members of the Institute, €1,080 for others. Fee includes course material, lunch and refreshments.
This course can be tailored for in-house delivery. Please email email@example.com if you would like further information about customised training.
Bookings / Enquiries
Central Bookings Office
Institute of Public Administration
57-61 Lansdowne Road, Dublin 4
Tel: (01) 240 3666 | Fax: (01) 6689135 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply Now (application form)
000-197 C2180-183 000-580 000-142 000-349 1Z0-485 A00-203 HP0-M23 HP0-M46 1Z1-474 HP2-K33 TB0-118 HP2-Z25 920-166 251-101 642-741 HP0-Y43 C_HANAIMP_1 70-400 SABE201 000-058 650-157 HP0-055 BCP-240 C2180-276 JN0-696 1Z0-020 C2180-276 HP0-Y37 117-101 HP0-087 70-498 HP2-K33 000-042 HP0-815 650-295 ST0-052 GCFW 1Z0-035 050-565 HP0-M23 000-201 000-M245 000-642 350-050 HP2-H17 74-338 9A0-152 E20-050 9A0-096 000-201 642-747 MB5-845 000-349 50-708 AWMP 040-444 SGO-001 EUCOC DU0-001 70-660 LOT-911 A2090-545 000-374 HD0-300 1Z1-873 50-865 HP2-Q05 EX0-110 000-202 E20-610 117-301 00M-502 C2040-911 074-137 250-824 HP2-K32 COG-645 9A0-701 HP0-Y31 070-432 EX0-100 646-229 TB0-104 1Z1-226 M2080-663 70-431 LOT-721 GD0-110 642-871 050-730 000-N17 1Z0-620 000-081 050-894 646-058 1Z1-259 LOT-910 50-701 642-091