Administrative Law: Procedure and Legal Update
This one-day course is aimed at those who already have a foundation or working knowledge of administrative law and wish to revisit the principles and procedure of judicial review. The course will examine, in detail, recent updates and case law that have expanded the traditional principles of administrative law. Procedural updates will also be considered along with case studies and group discussion to explore the practical application of administrative law principles in the day to day workings of the participants.
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Have a refreshed understanding of administrative law principles as it applies in 2017
- Be aware of recent developments in administrative law
- Have a better awareness of the practical application of the legal principles
- Be able to identify potential areas of concern within the decision making process
- Appreciate how judicial review litigation may be avoided
The course will cover the following areas:
- Revised overview of the principles of administrative law
- Recent developments in the law
- Legal challenges to internal procedures in state departments
- Practical application of administrative law to decision making roles
- Growth areas in judicial review litigation in the past five years
Dates, Venue and Fee
Date: 10 March 2017 (One Day)
Venue: Institute of Public Administration
Fee: The cost of this one-day course is €405 for Corporate Members of the Institute, €450 for others. (Fee to be confirmed for 2017) Fee includes course material, lunch and refreshments.
Sarah Reid LLB LLM BL will lead this one day course. Sarah is a practising Barrister and Law Lecturer and offers a practical as well as academic understanding of the law in this area.
Central Bookings Office
Institute of Public Administration | 57-61 Lansdowne Road, Dublin D04 TC62
Tel: (01) 240 3666 | Fax: (01) 668 9135 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply Now (application form)