- Project + is an instrutor-led programme of evening classes.
- Eight evening workshops, one per week, each of 3 hours duration.
- Based on world-wide professional bodies of knowledge, addressing the issues and challenges of project managers.
- Industry recognised accreditation from CompTIA, a global provider of vendor neutral technical certifications.
- Bespoke education & training facilities at the IPA, Lansdowne Rd Dublin D04TC62 with access to IPA library, study facilities and virtual learning environment.
- Next course commences 6 February 2017.
- Course cost is €950 which includes manuals, study aids and exam fee.
Further information is available about the Project + Certification below.
If you are interested in a UCD accredited Certificate or Professional Diploma in Project Management, please follow these links: Certificate | Diploma
Who Should Attend?
The course is intended for people with some knowledge or experience of formal or informal projects or project-type work including those who:
- anticipate working in a project team for the first time with little formal project experience
- are not part of a project team but who need to work closely with a project team in a business or support role
- are interested in acquiring a first, valuable and practical, accredited qualification in the vital domain of project management expertise.
Project+ covers the main subject areas of the Project Management Institute (PMI) Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge which is a recognised world-wide standard and framework for the management of projects. The topics are presented by experienced trainers and practising project managers and will frequently involve group work and discussions in class with handouts, case studies and exercises. Topics include:
- Project Management Overview
- Project Initiation
- Project Planning, Estimating and Scheduling
- Creating Project Plans
- Managing People
- Managing Cost and Evaluating Project Performance
- Managing Change and Quality
- Project Closure
- Setting Exam Objectives
These are some of the key skills measured by the CompTIA Project+ certification exam. At completion of the course students who are Project+ certified will know how to:
- Plan and execute business/IT projects within time and budget constraints.
- Outline and explain the process groups of the project life cycle.
- Explain the different types of organisational structures and their impact on projects.
- Write project scope documents based on approved project charters.
- Plan a complex project and develop a project schedule.
- Use a work breakdown structure (WBS) to organize project planning.
- Plan and execute risk, communication, quality and cost management plans.
- Coordinate human resources and project teams to maximize performance.
- Implement the proper change management procedures based on a given scenario.
- Explain the appropriate steps to ensure the quality of project deliverables.
- Calculate and interpret earned value measurement (EVM) results.
- Recognize the special communication needs of team members and stakeholders.
No previous experience is necessary.
Dates, Venue and Fees
Delivery and Duration: The Project + course is a part time programme delivered through a combination of classroom tuition and home study. Your lecturers are experienced tutors and bring many accumulated years practice of project management and experience of teaching these topics. These evening work-shops typically run from 6:30 to 9:30 on dates specified below.
The total number of tutorial classes is 8 over an eight-week period. Classes take place on Mondays on the following dates*: 6, 13, 20, 27 February 2017 and 6, 13, 20 and 27 March 2017.
Venue: Institute of Public Administration, 57 - 61 Lansdowne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin D04 TC62. The IPA is located next to Lansdowne Road DART Station.
Fee: The cost of this course is €950 per person. Price includes manuals, study aids and exam fee.
*Dates may be subject to change.
Exams and Certification
This course prepares students for the CompTIA Project+ on-line exam (PK0-003). The exam can be taken in the IPA, generally on the last evening of the course. The Project+ certification confirms the student’s knowledge of the entire project life cycle, from initiation and planning through execution, acceptance, support and closure. The exam consists of 100 computer-based multiple choice questions taken in 90 minutes. Students will be prepared for the exam during the course with special test papers.
Bookings / Further Information
All IPA courses and workshops are subject to minimum participant numbers and bookings will close two weeks prior to the course start date.
To apply for this course, please book online or for further information please contact:
Institute of Public Administration 57-61 Lansdowne Road, Dublin D04 TC62
Tel: (01) 240 3675 | Fax: (01) 668 9135 | Email: email@example.com
Project Management at the IPA
This is what our students, from a wide variety of technical and administrative backgrounds have to say about studying project management at the IPA:
- ‘The course was very well run, with a nice size group and it was good to have a variety of lecturers as well as a variety of participants’
- 'This course has exceeded my expectations and as an introduction to project management has certainly met my objectives for undertaking the course’
- 'The lecturing was of a very high standard and the facilities and administrative support was also excellent’