Certificate in Audit Skills
Certificate in Audit Skills, Key Facts:
- Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA).
- Next course commencing September 2017.
- Delivered over four x three day modules (weekdays).
- Practical, issues-based course, focused on skills enhancement for Public Sector Auditors.
- Includes a case study designed to simulate the work and issues faced during an Audit.
- Fee of €5,250 per person includes attendance at all workshops and course materials. *Discount available to those who have already completed the IPA Introduction to Internal Audit course.
Read the Brochure | Apply Now
For Further Information see Course Overview below
The aim of the Certificate in Audit Skills (CAS) is to develop the skills and knowledge of public sector internal auditors in order to carry out effective audits and make a greater contribution to the governance of their organisations. The Certificate is an issues-based course focused on skills enhancement to meet the ever-changing needs of the auditor in delivering an added value and quality service. The programme examines in detail, and in a very practical manner, the key areas of the work of an internal auditor.
A key feature of this programme is that the students take part in a case study that has been designed to simulate the audit process and issues an internal auditor faces when carrying out an audit.
The course programme has been designed for internal auditors who have some basic knowledge and practical experience of internal audit. The course is not suitable for staff who are new to the function as it is recommended that such staff attend the Institute's Introduction to Internal Audit course and then consider undertaking the CAS when they have acquired experience of undertaking audits.
Delivery and Duration
We are now accepting bookings for the September programme. Module Dates* for 2017 are listed below:
||26-28 September 2017
||24-26 October 2017
||21-23 November 2017
||12-14 December 2017
*Dates may be subject to change.
This programme is delivered over four months with four x three day tutorials.
Tutorials will take place at the Institute of Public Administration in Dublin. Classes typically run from 9:30 to 5:00 on tutorial dates.
The programme covers, in detail, the following topics:
||Context of Internal Audit
Strategic Audit Management and Planning
Audit Approach and Techniques, Audit Fieldwork & Evidence
Value for Money
Specific Audit Approaches
Audit of European Union Funding
||Internal Audit and Audit Committees
The Certificate in Audit Skills is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA).
In order to be awarded the Certificate in Audit Skills each participant must demonstrate:
- Satisfactory attendance record on the programme
- Satisfactory completion of three prescribed course assignments
- Satisfactory participation in the Case Study
- Maintenance of a Portfolio of Evidence which demonstrates the application of learning in the workplace
Fee, Enrolment Procedures and Admissions
The fee for the full programme is €5,250 per student (2017 Fee). Fee includes all course material, tuition and tutorial attendance and assessment and examination. Lunch will be provided at tutorials.
*A reduced price is available to those who have previously attended the IPA Introduction to Internal Audit. Please see application form below for full details.
A number of payment options are available. Please call 01 240 3666 for details.
Applications should be completed and returned to the Central Bookings Office (Details Below).
Bookings / Enquiries
Should you require further information about the Certificate in Audit Skills, please contact:
Central Bookings Office
Institute of Public Administration | 57-61 Lansdowne Road, Dublin D04 TC62
Tel: (01) 240 3666 | Fax: (01) 668 9135 | Email: email@example.com
Read the Brochure