Project Management for Senior Managers: Achieving Organisational Goals
Project management skills have never been more in demand. There is a clear need for, and evidence of, a shift to a project management approach to effectively deliver on business plans in the public service. This course is aimed at managers who are involved in developing business plans, initiating, sponsoring and overseeing projects, making strategic choices in allocating resources and deciding priorities and project managers. There are practical elements to the course as well as theory around the corporate governance of projects. The course also encourages managers to consider how their organisation needs to change in the current difficult climate to effectively deliver strategy through projects.
This programme is not currently being offered as a public course. Please see the Introduction to Project Management or Advanced Project Management courses for details of our Project Management Training courses.
Upon completion of this training, participants will:
- Understand the link between strategy, business-as-usual and change projects and why a focus on the latter helps organisations become more successful in adapting to the new order
- Understand the link between programme and project management and good governance
- Know what structures and procedures are required to effectively manage programmes and for project oversight and to create the appropriate links that ensure a continuing focus on delivery
- Be able to effectively manage the programme environment
The course will cover the following areas:
- Strategy and Governance
- Programme and Project Management
- Effective Monitoring and Control
- Managing the Programme Environment
Martin Speers, Head of IT Unit and Programme Director of Certificate and Diploma in Project Management.
Dates, Venue and Fee
This course is currently not available as a public course. See Related Programmes below for alternative Project Management Courses.
Venue: Institute of Public Administration
Fee: The cost of this course is €405 for Corporate Members of the Institute, €450 for others. Fee includes course material, lunch and refreshments each day.
Bookings / Enquiries
Central Bookings Office
Institute of Public Administration
57-61 Lansdowne Road, Dublin 4
Tel: (01) 240 3666 | Fax: (01) 6689135